Powered by Invision Power Board
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

saboteurweb.com main | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Things people never notice, like new music!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Saboteur
Posted: Oct 22 2003, 11:29 PM

saboteurweb.com sysadmin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ok, I'm lying - there's no new music. Just some music that's old, but you haven't heard it yet. Then again - does that make it new? What a paradox.

First order of business. I wrote a new album review today. Take a look at Peel Session from Boards of Canada. I really liked it, so who knows, you might too. I'm also thinking about putting up one or two small samples from each album I review - I probably won't get sued for just a tiny itsy bitsy teeny weeny lil harmless ol' sample, right? Right? Of course, I'm lucky in that nobody will ever notice since nobody ever reads these newposts because of all the run-on sentences and embarrasingly sub-par attempts at dry humour that all just melt into long blocks of text that really look quite unappealing if you're using the default colour theme - pause to breathe in - therefore I won't get sued, either. If I'm starting to sound like a parody of myself now, well, that's kind of what I was going for. At least that's what I'll say now because otherwise there's simply no way out of a paragraph like this.

On to the music! This time it's even worse than usual, hence I waited for a few weeks before posting the ditties. This time we're going in descending chronological order, just to mess with your head. And here's the obligatory link to the demodir, too.

Untitled Study A [study1.ogg], in following my strong tradition of exciting and innovative titles for songs, is something I did with a couple of new samples I found. I played around with the beat and harmony a little, trying to make it sound a little different. I'm sure you'll find plenty more words for it. One that I particularly favor starts with a 'c' and ends in 'rap'. You can fill in the blanks for yourself.

Sample It [sampling2.ogg] (comment non sequitur: just look at these titles! they're so bad it's not even funny anymore) is something I did with a sample from the first full-length Orbital album. Also features beats that just barely stay in their place on top of the mix. This track may sound like a cut'n'paste job, but I assure you, it's far less sophisticated than that.

Clishé [klisee.ogg] - just when you thought I couldn't possibly go any lower, I present to you a concisely and appropriately titled Clishé. That's how I get with breakbeats, I just have to use them. For something. For anything.

That's all for this update, but I actually have a few finished songs lined up (including a finished version of Elegance), so stay tuned for some better titles!

Now, speaking of things that nobody ever notices, did you notice that there's a new item in the menu at the top left corner under "Personal", listed as "Words"? No, didn't think so either. You want to get inside my head, that's where you go. You'll probably feel very uncomfortable reading that trite. Caveat lector.

I would like to close this newspost by saying that I am now officially a greyhound, if there's any truth to this wonderful thing I found on the internet.

--------------------
"Unrequited love. It's fantastic, because it never has to change, it never has to grow up and it never has to die!"

- saboteur
.. sabot909@gmail.com
.. https://www.saboteurweb.com/ | https://www.saboteurweb.com

0 replies since Oct 22 2003, 11:29 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to News Archive