Powered by Invision Power Board
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

saboteurweb.com main | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

New music **RELEASED**, Post edited 6.9.2003
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Saboteur
Posted: Sep 5 2003, 02:22 AM

saboteurweb.com sysadmin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Yes! A new track and god damn do I like it. But then again it is my track so go figure.

"New Forms" - read more about it and download it in the music section. It's also available for anonymous rating at my renoise.com songs page, as usual.

Hmmm... Ok, let's make this interesting. I'll make it two - that's right, 2 new songs. However this second song is considered a b-side and I will not upload it to renoise.com. "Swedish Meatballs" is a spaced out, quirky but very funky remix of a song from the soundtrack for the early 90s PC game "The Incredible Machine". Get it in the music section.

And what would be a better time than the present to also introduce the latest tracks in the demodir? Starting from the old and moving on up to the new, as usual. I've got 4 new unfinished bits up, making the "musica nuevo" total of today six. Alrighty then.

"bb3 test1" [bb3_test1.ogg] is the only piece I ever got out of the Renoise Beatbattle 3 sample set (see earlier newspost for details on the BB). I focused on drums yet again, trying to make a d'n'b entry but sidetracked at the end and it started to morph into a trance track. Luckily I realized what was happening and quickly reset the ball by going back into big drums with the new melody. It's not very good, but I wanted to put it up because some work went into it.

"Cry For Mercy II" [mercy2.ogg] continues in its atmosphere a very old track I once made. (No, you'll never hear it). It has a melancholic melody and three layers of drums.

"Drummer's Delight" [drummer.ogg] is yet another experiment with new drum samples. I also tried a new melody trick in this one, and I find it hard to explain it. I thought about what Orbital did with the melody in "Spare Parts Express" and tried the same thing with this song.

"Elegance" [elegance4.ogg] is a close-to-finished song that may or may not see daylight as a b-side. Again I'm trying out new drums - by this time you should know that I want to stay fresh-sounding - with a more traditional progression with distinct verses and choruses. I really like the way the two layers of drums sound together at about 2:10. The melody at 1:55 reminds me of "Winter's Dream" or "Dreaming In Green" by Necros (Andrew Sega), but maybe that's just me.

That's it for today, I'm done with this colossal post which nobody is ever going to read. Well, it's a good day all the same.

--------------------
"Unrequited love. It's fantastic, because it never has to change, it never has to grow up and it never has to die!"

- saboteur
.. sabot909@gmail.com
.. https://www.saboteurweb.com/ | https://www.saboteurweb.com

0 replies since Sep 5 2003, 02:22 AM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to News Archive