Powered by Invision Power Board
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

saboteurweb.com main | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

A quick look into the demodir
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Saboteur
Posted: May 17 2003, 06:52 PM

saboteurweb.com sysadmin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Because nobody ever goes into the demodir just to explore and certainly will have no idea what's what, I've gone into the habit of introducing recent additions on the main page. Nobody still goes into the demodir, but at least I have something to do on rainy days like these.

"The Sky In My Mind" [skymind.ogg] is a melancholic piano line mixed with a beat that's not one of my best. There are sunny spots in between the minor keys, as always, that make the song easier to listen to. Notable influence: 2Pac / "Changes" for the first two chords of the happy part.

"Shimmer" [shimmer4.ogg] is a remix or retrack of "Glitter" by darkhalo with most of the work gone into the drums and a couple of sequences lended from the original. The ending of this one is just something that popped to my mind and I tracked it even though it might not fit with the whole.

"Rhombus" [rhombus.ogg] is a crude synthpoppish thing with a clean electric guitar jumping about with a synth and an unpolished beat. Notable influnce: Howie B. / "Switch (Depth Charge Mix)" for the drum part at 1:55 and somewhere closer to the beginnnig.

This time all the new entries are pretty long, which is a positive trend as far as I'm concerned. (Compare these to torontobeat.ogg - 10 seconds). I'm thinking I should work out an ending to all the slightly longer tracks in the demodir - I mean, why not just make them official releases? Who cares if some of it is crap, it's my crap and I like it.

(Disclaimer: Please don't understand the last sentence of the above paragraph too literally.)

--------------------
"Unrequited love. It's fantastic, because it never has to change, it never has to grow up and it never has to die!"

- saboteur
.. sabot909@gmail.com
.. https://www.saboteurweb.com/ | https://www.saboteurweb.com

0 replies since May 17 2003, 06:52 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to News Archive