Powered by Invision Power Board
 Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

saboteurweb.com main | Help | Search | Members | Calendar

Weekend!, and Iris
« Next Oldest | Next Newest » Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Saboteur
Posted: Sep 9 2005, 01:40 PM

saboteurweb.com sysadmin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

If I could track at work, I'd whip up a fast and hard big beat roller to applaud the goodness that is the "weekend". We'll see if anything happens at home.

But that's only half the reason I'm posting - the other half is Wrath. Not that I'm particularly PO'd about anyone or anything in particular, in fact quite the opposite...

Why the blank stare? Do you not know what I am talking about, you dilettante?

Iris, of course my dear friends! Iris (still reinforced by Andrew Sega who's put the Alpha Conspiracy on hold and has expressed some intentions to start a new, different project) has released a new album, titled "Wrath". I'm ashamed to admit I'm a couple of weeks late with the news here, but better late than never. I'm expecting my copy to arrive in the mail next week.

From what I've gathered from the Iris interview and some reviews, Wrath will not be as energetic and upbeat as Awakening - which I find to be a shame as Awakening really is an outstanding album that still sends chills down my spine even after hundreds of repeat listens - but rather more guitar-oriented and just a little bit... darker. With a title like that, it should come as no surprise. (Lovely cover art once again by the way).

Anyway... I will reserve judgement on Wrath until such time that I actually have listened to it. There are sample tracks available but I've resisted the urge to wait until I get the disc itself. I will follow up on this issue when I have more to report.

--------------------
"Unrequited love. It's fantastic, because it never has to change, it never has to grow up and it never has to die!"

- saboteur
.. sabot909@gmail.com
.. https://www.saboteurweb.com/ | https://www.saboteurweb.com

0 replies since Sep 9 2005, 01:40 PM Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

<< Back to News Archive